The Lithuanian Association of Adult Education (LAAE) is non-governmental and non-profit organization of individuals and organizations.
The LAAE was established on 24 February 1992.
The LAAE has 8 branches in the regions.
The LAAE is a member of:
- The European Adult Education Association (EAEA, www.eaea.org) since 1993.
- National Non-Governmental Development Cooperation Organisations’ Platform (Lithuanian NGDO Platform, www.pagalba.org).
- Nordic – Baltic network of Adult Education.
- Refernet Lietuva network (http://www.kpmpc.lt/refernet/lt/index.html).
The LAAE is also:
- One of the establishers of the Estate Academy of Rumšiškės museum.
- A co-ordinator of the Baltic Sea NGO Network for Lithuania, www.balticseango.net.
- A associate partner of the international LEM Network (Learning Museum Network, www.lemproject.eu).
In 2015 there are 113 registered individual and 36 legal members of the LAEA.